Tuesday 8 October 2013

The Last Days

I've got my room packed away in boxes, the clothes hanging in my closet consist of skirts, button up shirts, sweaters, and therapedic shoes, and I've got three giant black bags taking up my carpet space.

Boy, do I sound like a missionary!

We've hit the one week mark. In one week I'll be set apart, heading to SLC International airport to wave our final goodbyes before I head to Atlanta, and then to Manchester.

Am I freaking out? Why, yes I am. But I am also so at peace with the changes that are about to take place in my life. I wouldn't be making these huge changes if I didn't know with 100% certainty that this is where my Heavenly Father wanted me to be at this time in my life.

I've spent my time studying, preparing, praying, and conversing with my Father in Heaven a lot lately because, 1) I should be doing that anyway, and 2) it's as if my desire to read and study and be close to my Father have trippled as I've come closer to my leaving date. It's a change I didn't really expect to have; to want nothing more than to sit and read my scriptures.

I would say this is part of the answer to my prayers regarding Moroni's Promise: that if we have a desire to know if the Book of Mormon is true, that all we need to do is get on our knees and ask with a sincere desire to know and we will recieve an honest and truthful answer. Although I've always known the Book of Mormon to be true, you can never ask for that reassurance too many times. We're meant to ask questions, so why not this one? It's amazing to see that I can still recieve the knowledge of its truthfulness after asking so many times.

Here's to the craziest, busiest, most packed, and exciting days of my life! I can't wait to be a missionary for die Kirche Jesu Christi der Heiligen der Letzen Tage!

Auf Wiedersehen!
Tchuss!

(soon-to-be) Sister Gilmour



No comments:

Post a Comment