Tuesday 10 February 2015

Week 70 in the Field: Week 15 in Zurich: So Good, So Good, So busy:)



This week was good :) I think I always start my letters like that. They usually are :) This week we had so much to do. I don't know how we fit so much in 7 days, to be honest. Exchange, lessons, Pday, Finding Day, GMR, meetings, weddings, seeing old acquaintances. Crazy, crazy. I also got 2 packages this week. It's been good :)

Monday we went to Rapperswil. There is a gorgeous church there and we took a good amount of time there. We mainly went to see a castle that IS open on Mondays... between April and November :/ We almost had successful plans! But we ended up having a really good time, just the two of us. 

Then that night, we tried to visit some people, but none of them worked out. I lost my patience a bit (bad trainer) because we were going to miss a train and we weren't going to get done the plans we had made, and I hate that. I asked Sister Smith where she thought we should go, and she responded with, "I don't know". So I told her, "When we don't know what to do, we just start walking" (Eve taught me that one ;)). So we started walking. Not even 40 seconds passed by before we ran into an old investigator! I had met her only one time, so it was a total miracle that I even recognized her! 

We went and got drinks, and had an AMAZING night with her. She is so, so spiritual and she listens to the Spirit like no one I know. I'm so sad that she doesn't want to keep meeting. But I learned so much about humility, faith, and hope with her. Her patience is amazing and she has learned so much. I felt so blessed to have been able to meet her that night. I needed to learn a thing or two about patience after losing it with my poor companion:(. It was a sweet miracle from God. 

The exactness of the moment was just too crazy. One day I'll tell you all the details ;)

Tuesday we had district meeting. We've started doing them all in German again and we somehow feel the Spirit so much stronger that way. I love it. We then had a finding day! Whoo! We saw success! We found a guy from England, who answered our question about his relationship with Jesus Christ with, "He's my best friend". Cool :) We then started talking to him about it and he said he had gone many years completely off the path and now that's he's found it again, he sees how right and true it is and that Jesus loves him. We made up an appointment for tomorrow. He's got a family and they sound wonderful :) It was a really nice, uplifting finding day. We then met with Bishop and talked about what he needs us to do and how we can help with the ward. Typical stuff you talk about with the Bishop. 

Wednesday: EXCHANGE. But before we changed with the Luzern sisters, we went and dropped a gift by a ward member for her birthday. We told ourselves that would then do some contacting there if we had more time, which we did. We walked on the same street for about one minute before we both realized it was going to be completely pointless to walk around the streets because there was no one out. So we went to an apartment building and did some dooring... or ringing, actually ;) We don't really like dooring, by the way. We never see success. But this time! This time was golden :) The first door we rang let us in and we ended up talking with this guy who is originally Muslim, but doesn't believe and doesn't practice. We talked with him about the Plan of Salvation. I told him about how we all chose God's plan, all of us that are here on this earth. I told him that the message we have as missionaries is to help people remember what they already learned in Heaven; that what I was telling him he has already heard and knew was true as he chose God's plan to come here to earth. I have never told anyone that before. It was a very spirit led conversation. We will be meeting him tomorrow.
We then came down the stairs, when I saw a wood sign hanging on a door that said, "No one loves you more than Jesus Christ". Obviously we knocked. No on answered. But then there was a girl trying to get in the building. So we let her in. Turns out it was her apartment! She had left her keys at work and couldn't get in her apartment, so we got to talk with her for about an hour about everything possible. And it was all about religious things and our lives as missionaries. She was is so cool! Young, and really open. She will be coming to Insti with us :) 
Such a cool day full of wonderful little miracles that we hope to see the fruits of this week :) Then we had exchange. I went to Luzern with Sister Flickinger and Sister Smith was here with Sister Oswald. We both had a good time and we learned and taught a lot. I can't say much except that I love being there for other sisters. I love serving them and listening to the Spirit. I hope I can be a good STL like all mine were to me :) But we were out WAY late cause they had ward council. We got home at 10.30 and in bed at 11.30. It was the worst. But.. we have to go to these meetings. Ugh. Was good any ways :)
There is lots we have to do in Luzern, by the way. You'll all love it there :)
I also met Sebastian! He was a foreign exchange student in our American Fork Stake a few years ago. He waved to me, and I thought, "okay, he is awfully friendly for having never met me. That's nice." Then he asked if I was Brooklyn's sisters!! Then it occurred to me :) 

I think he sent a pic to Brooklyn too:).
Thursday we switched back. Then went to Maroussia's and helped unpack baby clothes because she could be having her baby 3 weeks sooner than she thought. I love that woman and her family so, so much. So much. They are such good people. I just want them to have the blessings of the Gospel in their lives. I just don't know how to help them see that they do, too... 

Friday: AMAZING, inspired lesson with a less active. I love this woman. I love being a missionary and helping people. I love it so so much. I love that the only people that know about this lesson and the in's and out's of it is me, my comp, the woman, and the Spirit. I have had so many amazing moments with the Spirit on my mission. It's such a blessing to be here :) 
We then went to a new convert’s house. I love her so much as well. It's nice when we feel at home at members houses. It's really nice. I love her :) 
Then two appointments fell out. One woman dropped us, so that hurt a bit. But.. What can you do? I'm just grateful we have free agency, even when people use it the wrong way. 
Then we went to a wedding. It's really weird going to weddings on missions- Swiss ones, especially. It was a special experience, one I won't ever forget :)

Saturday we planned all day. Okay, not the WHOLE day. We did go out, but we had a lot of things to plan for this week. Lot's happening! We also wrote an email in Portuguese. That's really hard... 

I got a great package from Adam. He sent me cat leggings. I was so, so happy. I've worn them every day under my two pairs of tights (it's cold here). I love them :) And then my great friend Sister Couper sent me a package, too! She sent me booties! I think I told her only ONE time that I loved her booties and that I wanted some, and somehow she remembered that and sent them to me for Christmas! I LOVE her! I felt very loved this week.



God is being really good to me. Yesterday in RS, we had a lesson about Agency and choosing. It was so good. Seriously, I was just getting answers left, right, and center. I loved it. I am so so grateful for our ability to choose. When I was younger, I never really understood why Satan’s plan would have been so bad to pick. I mean... how great would it be to go through life not having to make any of these hard decisions and things? Really nice, right? Then I started to understand what it is that he wanted to do with us. He didn't want us to be happy. He wasn't going to make it easy. He was going to force us to do all these things. So I have gained a testimony of agency and how much of a blessing it is. I've been thanking Heavenly Father for giving me so many hard decisions in life because it shows me that He loves me ;) Even when it's hard and all I want to know is know my future. But! That's not the beautiful plan that He made :) His is much better :) 

oh and today we were in Luzern at the Glass Factory. So great and so cool :) Totally free. 


We'll hit it up there when you're here :)







Love you all :)
Sister Gilmour xxxx





1 comment:

  1. Loved all the little miracles! Hope they all come to fruition! Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete