Monday 8 September 2014

Week 48 in the Field: Week 18 in Zollikofen: I Lied. THIS was for sure the best week on my mission :D

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Family :)

This week was also super, duper AMAZING!! 

Why?

1. I'm still a missionary. So that's always good :)

2. WE SET A BAPTISMAL DATE!! Sonja will be baptized on the 18th or 19th of October :) Happy one year mark, last (possible) week in Zollikofen, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :) We were jumping and hugging and just so happy :) She seriously is something else. I NEVER thought I would be one to have lived a miracle like that. Seriously. I haven't even done anything. Like.. I was just here when she happened to be and that was wonderful. I feel really blessed that I get to be one of her missionaries :) And that I get to learn and watch her grow through this time. I love that the members are so ready to love her and accept her and she already has such good relationships. She takes everything really well and what we teach her just.. makes sense in her mind. The Lord REALLY prepared her. And it is SO COOL TO SEE. I love bringing people the Gospel. I still get worried that we're going to teach her something that she won't like and then that will be it. But we've been through all the stuff that could be a problem: the Word of Wisdom, Chastity, Tithing, Sabbath Day, etc. And nothing. She gave up Kaffee and Tee the first time we came over to have a Zero lesson. What is that?! She is wonderful. I hope you'll get to meet her one day :) :)

3. I'm staying with Sister Peacock in Zollikofen :) Good thing, too. We just have so much to do. The Musikalischer Abend is coming along nicely and we've given assignments out to everyone and we found the two voices to narrate it. Now we just need to work out the lighting and stuff. It's going to be really good. I'll miss it, though, if I get transferred. It's on my birthday, too. So I hope I stay. I wouldn't mind being here 5 transfers (as long as Sister Peacock was still with me. We can't do it without each other. I adore her). 







4. We gave 2 tours this week. One is Spanish, one in German. That was really good. Someone called us and said they wanted to learn more about the Mormons and the temple. It was really a weird situation, but I won't go into detail. We ended up meeting with him and he tried to tell us that the Bible was all and he pulled out Revelations on us, but... we just said, look, we don't really know what that means, but we do know that God still speaks to us today and that He HAS revealed further Scripture to back up the Bible. It's just a further witness of Christ. He couldn't really argue with us, so it really was just.. good. We will be meeting with him again on Saturday. Wish us luck :)

5. We got all our Temple Posters this week. 500 big ones, 2000 little flyers to hand out on the streets and to missionaries to use in their work. Cool, huh?! Every ward in our mission now have posters to hang in the ward house, so we really, really hope that all of this hard work, and hours and hours of prep will be paying off. We were excited, though, that we finally got this known to so many people :) It feels good to get things done and to be doing work. 

6. We got news that we have to "Sie" the Elders again and everyone older than 18. I was not so happy because we were told we also had to say that to our companions, which is the form of "you" that you say in German to people that you don't know. I was not happy about having to be obedient in that moment. But got the news today that we can still use "du" sprache to our companions. Thank goodness.

Studies today: obedience. We are giving a Zone Conference assignment tomorrow on this topic. Good thing it's ALWAYS on my mind, eating me away, and stressing me out ;) ALSO!! I figured out of my spiritual gifts: the gift of knowing when someone is speaking the truth. I always feel such a deep, deep love when people share the truth. I've been praying and fasting to know what my gifts are. I really want to know who III am and what I am meant to do as Sister Gilmour and how I can better serve the people and use my gifts and abilities to my advantage. Fasting is real, and so are Spiritual Gifts. I am still on the serve, and I'll keep you updated :)

I love you all. I love this work. I love the trials and pains we are to experience here. Sounds weird, 
but I also know we wouldn't be able to grow without them. The more pain, the more trials, 
the more oppurtunity to learn what God wants us to learn. I love  that.
 I love the church and know that it is true :)

I just got sent this poem, and I would like to close my email with it:

THE GUEST HOUSE
This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they are a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still, treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice.
meet them at the door laughing and invite them in.

Be grateful for whatever comes.
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.

-- Jelaluddin Rumi (1207-1273)

Sister Gilmour
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment