Monday 1 September 2014

Week 47 in the Field: Week 17 in Zollikofen: "I possessions apple gladly, with pleasure". (HUH?). Revelation Through My Dreams.

This week we had some HILARIOUS German studies. That was the direct outcome of the sentence: ich hab äpfeln gern (I like apples). We died laughing and said It would make it the title of this email. So, enjoy. 

This week was really good. So, so much to do, but that's always better.

I had 2 exchanges. One with Sister Hilakari, a Finn. And then Sister Emmerson from Cambridge, England. (BG: Sister Emmerson was baptized because of Melissa Pennock's son-a friend of ours here in Utah-small world!!again!! ) Both wonderful and such good missionaries. I hope they learned something from me like I learned from them. Sister Hilakari is the most spiritual person I have ever met. She helped me a lot with trying to figure out how I feel the spirit and that there's actually no ONE way that God speaks to us. We both had one way in common, and that was through dreams. Weird, right? But if I could tell you how often I've received revelation through dreams you would be amazed. I wish I could take the time to tell you all my thoughts.

One day.

We had a good German class. Teaching German through English to two Turkish women. Stellt euch ein mal vor (just imagine). We'll have another class tonight.

Then it was Sister Peacocks BIRTHDAY!!!!! It was a really good day :) i woke up early and made her banana pancakes with candles and I sung to her to wake her up :):( Then she opened gifts and cards. It was lovely :) Then at District Meeting, we had a normal meeting, then at the end, the elders gave her the assignment to play the piano and the closing song they picked was.... never heard of, which was the point. Then as she started to play, we all got ready to sing, but broke out in Happy Birthday and she was so shocked :) (Great idea!!) The elders made her a MASSIVE cake and it was so good. A kilo of sugar, but I tried not to think about it. it was lovely, though. Banana- strawberry on top, with a big layer of brownie on the bottom, covered in white chocolate icing. Death on a sheet. Good thing the elders like to eat :) Then our elder surprised her with a gift bag full of little things that started with each letter of her last name. How great :) It was over all a really good day.

We also had a really good lesson with an inactive family that day, visited Sister Gygli, and.... yeah. It was just really good :)

Then on Wednesday we headed off to Winterthur. That was the day I was on exchange with the Finn. Sister Peacock said that the filming went really well and I'm really sad I won't get to see the fireside on Sunday. One day I'll do it myself and it won't be a problem :) These missionaries are really talented... really, really talented. 

Then Thursday I was on another exchange with the lovely Sister Emmerson. Loved it. So good. I'll have to send some other pics next week when I remember my cord. She's so cute! Loved working with her. I used to really hate exchanges, but now I'm just like.. .whatever. Just another missionary day. Just be normal. And so we were. We had good lesson about patriarchal blessings with a less active, had apartment checks (Elder Fox flooded our house on accident. oh the experiences of a mission), then had a member appointment. Really seeing good progress with this family. So cool. 

Friday.... back to Zürich. I'm sick of sitting on bahns. We had to re... apply...?.... Sister Peacock to Switzerland to tell them she was staying after being here a year. Got all the way, then found out she didn't have her passport. So we traveled for 4 hours for nothing. We are going back today. Adventures :) Then we gave another temple tour to two new converts from another ward. That was really cool. They were doing baptisms for the first time that night, so we got to prepare them for the temple a little bit :) 

Then we went to the temple! We saw the third new film. Oh my gosh. I recieved so many new answers and teaching about the Plan and what God wants from us all, but especially from me. I love the Temple and wish I could go in more often than just once every 6 weeks. You can just really feel His love there. I loved it. There is always so much to learn. I didn't get to spend so much time in the Celestial Room cause we did the session at 7, so we had to go pretty quickly so we'd make it back home for 9:30. Next time :)

Saturday. Sonja played football with us, which was way cool (that's our Golden investigator). Then we ran home, showered, then ran back to teach her with Sister Filbrandt. We taught the First lesson. And I mean literally... from point one, to the last point, all the way through. I have NEVER had that. The Spirit was just... talking to her and she was understanding it. She accepts it all and is so ready to learn. She went to institute alone on Tuesday and learned about D&C, ordered a book, but realized she needed to concentrate on the Book of Mormon. She's already read through 1 and 2 Nephi in ONE WEEK. This women!! She also said that she hadn't prayed to know if what we're telling her is true, but that she would. We also talked about baptism again. She said she'd tell us a date when she knew the Church was true. Then on our way out, she showed us that she was getting rid of all her immodest clothing. She's impossibly unbelievable! 

THEEEEEN, on Sunday, she came again! Of course :) She looked great and all modestly dressed. She soaked it all up. She's obviously a little overwhelmed with how much there is to learn, but still... she's amazing. She even ordered her own Triple combo all by herself. After Sacrament, I asked her what she thought. She said it was really emotional cause she knew that the speakers were speaking TO her. She said that she prayed after we left the day before and asked if what we had told was true and if the Book of Mormon was true... she said that she had received her answer that it was during that hour. OH MY GOSH. i almost started crying.

God loves us SO MUCH. He really does guide us and the time always comes when people are ready to receive the truth. Sonja is wonderful!!! The ward loves her and several people came to us crying cause they were just so touched by her and her story.  SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!

Then we went to Anitas that night. Got SOAKED to the bone. I guess that's what we get for being late. Whoops. Wasn't the first time, though ;) She's doing well and we LOVE hearing about her life and that things are working out for her. She's one of my closest friends in the ward. I love the relationships we build on a mission. 

Today I got to study my Patriarchal blessing and I received some very clear answers about my life and my future. God is really there with us along every step of our journeys and He's just waiting for us to ask Him the right questions so He can give us the clear answers. Sometimes we have to wait, but that's the fun of it, right? ;) Maybe not always, but it does bring my soul peace to KNOW that He will answer me eventually. Maybe not even here in this life, but that I can be guaranteed an answer SOMETIME is still somethings special. I love knowing that. 

Transfer calls are this weekend. So.... please pray that I stay here in Zollikofen for one more transfer. I haven't been able to be the Temple Square Sister that I wanted to be yet. But, getting there! We are giving a lot of tours, which is really nice :)

 I love you all and look forward to the time I can embrace you all again :) But until then, I will work hard to make you proud of my work :) (BG: oh, we are!!)

ALL MY LOVE,

Sister Chloe Gilmour
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment