Monday 25 August 2014

Week 46 in the Field: Week 16 in Zollikofen: A Referral - - - You'll like this one:):) God is good people. When we give our best, He's going to bless us.

Wirklich. Diese Woche war UNGLAUBLICH schön. 

Viele Dinge sind passiert, aber nur einem ist mir in dem Sinn geblieben. 

Really. This week was unbelievably good. 

Lots of things happened, but only one thing is really important to me. 

: (BG: I have had to edit this.  I don't know if its bad tying or her English is getting worse as her German gets better:)

So we received a referral from Church headquarters about two weeks ago for a women who had been watching Mormon Messages and had been really... touched by them. So the friend that sent them to her told her she should ask for a Book of Mormon and meet with the Sisters. 

So that's where we come in.

We went by that day after getting it, but she wasn't home. So we called the next day. 

She was so happy to hear from us. We asked a little about her. We asked if she had any questions and she said that she would ask us on Saturday.

The appointment. 

I don't even know where to begin. She is AMAZING. Literally. We went in there just expecting to explain a few things and get to know her, which we did, but ended up getting so much more than we expected. 

We went over the Articles of Faith and stuff. She accepted it all. We talked about the Word of Wisdom, chastity, the Sabbath Day and introduced the Book of Mormon.

We asked her to come to Church- she said " of course I'll come tomorrow". Then we asked her if she would like to have a suggestion about where to start in the Book of Mormon, and she just said she wanted to start from the beginning and get to know the whole story, right. Okay, great. Then we asked her to be baptized. She said yes.

We went LOCO. àObviously not there, but after, sure. It was  A DREAM. Really, I never thought that God would ever bless me with something like that. She is so so perfect! 

Then she said that she knew the Church was true and that God had finally answered her prayers by sending us to her..... and. Oh my. I love her already.

Then she came to church. LOVED it. The members were so good with her. The first thing I said to Bischof was that she was probably going to be a member of our ward pretty soon. Everyone loves her. She's so so so sweet and so normal :) 

God is good people. When we give our best, He's going to bless us. 

Actually, He blesses us even when we aren't 100% worthy, really. The difference we can make is making ourselves worthy. We can either experience the miracles He sends us and see the blessings from them, or we can do that PLUS receiving the blessings He wants to send us personally with these experiences by being worthy to accept them. 

I don't know where I am on that scale, but I feel a lot more towards the second part of it that the first. Hasn't always been like that, but right now, it is. 

God is good. He knows what He is doing and it is so wonderful to be able to be His instrument.

Naturally, things aren't always that good, but they can be if we make the most out of things.

In other news, 

I've been sick! Not so wonderful on my mission. Really not. But, I broke down, became humble, and took a few hours on Saturday in the evening to rest, and then a little more on Sunday. That was not easy for me. I wasn't dying and could still walk, so I felt guilty taking that time to rest when there was still so much to do. But, Sister Peacock made me. It was probably good, too. I'm not better yet, but doing a little better. I have a bad headache today, but that's probably because of the football we played for P-day. Probably shouldn't have done that. Oh well. It was good. :)

I had a really good comp inventory with Sister Peacock last night. There's just so much I have to learn. It's good I still have time to figure out a little more here on my mission. 

I got revelation that I need to go to BYU. I was a little disappointed, to be honest. I don't want to be stuck in Utah. But then I was at church yesterday, and I met a family from Provo, and the son is going to BYU London next week. Hmmm.... maybe that's also a good answer for God. Maybe He's got that planned for me. Mal schauen. Unimportant right now. But will be something I need to think about here in the next couple months. 

It's also been MEGA cold here! It's like... in the 60's today and it's August! (BG:HAHA-we got snow in utah this week, what is she talking about-cold:)) It's crazy! We'll be having an early winter, I think. Yay... 

We also had a really good Zone Training. The missionaries are great and really know what's up. I have a lot to learn from them. It's so lovely to see when missionaries are happier from one transfer to the next... I really love it. I've seen that with a few good friends and it makes me so happy to see them happy :)

I haven't been able to figure out my talents in my missionary work, yet. I'll get it down one day. Right now I'm just... battling with what's right and with what's not totally right and trying to work with it.  (BG: Spirit of the law and letter of the law, i think is what she's saying) We have all been given free agency, which is really good, but some people don't use it fully righteously and I'm trying to figure out how to work with that. 

We had a good P-day today. Went to Biel and went up a Seilbahn and played football with the district. Good times. Last week Sister Peacock and I went to Bern and walked to the top of a church and just... talked. About everything. It's amazing that we can click with people so easily after only knowing them for such short amounts of time. And that we can really find dear friends in that time. It's a miracle. I love my companion! 

  • This week is chaos. We have SO MUCH TOO DO: Sister Peacocks birthday tomorrow, going to Winterthur to do stuff for a fireside on Wednesday;





  • Austausch on Thursday, (Exchange); 
  • Zürich on Friday, Temple on Friday, 
  • A day full of appointments on Saturday and Sunday. 
Better to have too much than too little. That's for sure. Hopefully we don't die. 

Personal study today: The law of consecration. The perfect version of Communism, with God at the head, the Perfect Judge. Oh one day when we will all be perfect...... (BG: interesting insight, boy do we have lots to talk about when she gets home)

I've also just come to the conclusion that love really is the basis of all things. It all comes back to love and we ultimately become perfect once we've learned to love. But we won't learn that all here on this earth, sadly. But we can try to develop it :) (BG: deep, again)

Love you all :) I'm working on becoming my best. Failing a lot along the way. But.. it's expected. One day in eternity I'll have it figured out. 

Bis nächste Woche,
Sister Gilmour
xx

Ich hab euch gern!

P.S. I have attached a picture that President Kohler sent us today in our email. The rod that he is looking at is the Iron Rod. Take a look at it and study it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment